Saturday 15 October 2016

INKtober2016 - 15

#inktober #inktober2016, Dublin 15.10.16

- So Light World -

The "I Carusi" never touch the ground. They perch on a wire throwing pebbles down into the sea.

Carusi is a Sicilian word that literally means "children": children, both boys and girls in Sicily



Mine creative process for "I Carusi":

At the beginning I remembered a game that I used to play when I was a child: jump from a little wall to another without touching the ground. From this memory I thought about someone living on a wire, but nothing valid came in my mind. So I went back to the origin, the focus: the game of the children. 
Therefor here they are: the orphans, turned back, with the sea at their feet, playing with pebbles.

I used the reverse triangle as a composition because the wider part rapresent their whole world, their proper home. They are split from the elected ones, who have the parents. The sea is comparatively small.

External there is who wait to be a member of The Without Parents Realm.

No comments:

Post a Comment