Tuesday 17 November 2015

The Temple

Derry - 21 March 2015

http://templederry-londonderry.com/

In 2015, creative producers Artichoke brought Burning Man artist David Best to the city. Together with people from across the community, they built a beautiful shared structure that measured 72ft high before it was ceremonially burnt. 
Everyone was invited to leave a memory behind, let go of the past and look to the future. 
Up to 60,000 people visited over the seven days it was open, covering the inside of the structure and it's pillar with personal messages.   
On Saturday 21st March it was set alight at 8pm.



"Don't give me love, 
don't give me faith
Wisdom nor pride,
give innocence instead

Don't give me love, 
I've had my share
Beauty nor rest, 
give me TRUTH instead"

NIGHTWISH “The Crow, The Owl and The Dove”

No comments:

Post a Comment